Superintendent will make the official decision concerning the closing, late start, or early release of the district’s facilities.
· At 5:00 a.m. the Transportation Director, Operations Director, and Superintendent will drive roads and routes.
· By 5:30-5:45 a.m. they will provide a report on the road conditions to the Superintendent, and a decision will be made by 5:45 a.m.
· When it becomes necessary to alter the school day, the following methods will be used by school officials to notify students, parents, faculty, and staff:
· Superintendent – Will send an official notice to WUCISD and Board Members via email. He will issue a press release to send to media outlets.
· The PK-12 Administrator will use that information to generate an EZ Connect posting to all faculty, staff, students/parents at 6:00 a.m. and place a post on the district Facebook page.
· Directors and Principals will ensure all faculty and staff members who report to them receive the notification.
In the event of a delayed start:
· School will be delayed to 10:00 a.m. and all buses will run 2 hours later than their original time unless otherwise decided.
· Maintenance will arrive at work by 9:00 a.m. to de-ice/salt sidewalks and entry ways.
· Any scheduled field trips will be cancelled.
· The Superintendent, Transportation Director, Head Coaches, and Administration will make a decision on any after school activities/events.
· Principals will have the regular and delayed start bell schedule posted on their campus websites and a link to all regular and delayed start bell schedules will be available as a quick link on the district website no later than November 1st.